Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Grounds of Alexandria


I've been to the Grounds a few times now and I think it deserves the hype and write ups it receives.
For one, the place is huge! You name it, it has it! Coffee roasters, bbq's, a florist, market stalls, lemonade stalls, pastry galore, take away and eat in options, a playground for the kids, a lovely garden to sit in  and of course, Kevin Bacon and Bradley the Sheep. 

My first visit to the Grounds, I had my Nephew with me. He loved the animals, as well as the playground. While you're waiting for a table if you choose to eat there, there's plenty of options to keep the kids occupied.

Kevin Bacon returned my Nephew's affection!


I haven't eaten from the bbq's outside but I have sat down inside to have breakfast twice. 

First visit I shared a Breakfast Plate with my sister, this was plenty of food between us. We ordered french toast for my nephew, this was delicious and yes, I finished off what he couldn't! Or wouldn't?..

Both times, I've enjoyed a coffee while I've waited for my table so with breakfast I order the Iced Tea which is very refreshing. 


Second time I've been for breakfast, I ordered the sweet pea falafels with poached eggs. This was really yum, eggs poached perfectly and comes with a nice yoghurt to smother everything in. 
Also with an iced tea!


There are SO many sweets available whether at the stalls outside or inside for display. Do not go past the hot, fresh, delicious cinnamon donuts. 
These come filled with either chocolate or jam, I've tried both and both are as good as each other. 


If you haven't been here, I think it's definitely worth a visit. Do expect await if you don't want to order take away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment