Monday 10 February 2014

El Jannah, Blacktown



I haven't been to El Jannah in years and I had heard that one in Blacktown had opened. Seeing as this is a lot closer to home and also, I'm thinking with a lot more parking, I thought I'd check it out.

Short walk across the road from Westpoint is El Jannah, lines out the door as expected.


When I come here, I can't go past chicken and falafels. It looks like burgers are running out the doors but I stick to what I know. 

Boyfriend and I order half a chicken, a Falafel plate and a side of tabbouleh. With one drink, comes to around $22. Bargain for the amount of food you get, can't go wrong.

At Blacktown, there is some outdoor seating, though this I'm sure is constantly taken. If you don't get lucky with a seat outside, there are 2 dining rooms. One of either side of where you order, plenty of seating in here.

They are pumping out the chickens here, so food is pretty much instantly at your table. With your chicken you get your bread, a whole-lotta garlic sauce and pickles.

Falafel plate comes with onions and a yummo yoghurt for dipping or pouring all over your plate.

Tabbouleh, lots of lemon juice. That's how I like it, but may not be to every ones taste. 

Falafels here I really enjoy, lots of flavour. Chicken, crispy, smokey, don't be afraid to get your hands dirty! I think it's the only way to do it really!


1. Smother your bread with garlic sauce

2. Fill up your bread with smashed falafels, ripped up chicken

3. Chuck on a big spoonful of Tabbouleh

4. Devour

I haven't been to Granville store in a really long time, so can't compare. But judging by the crowds around this place, pretty sure it's meeting the standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment