Thursday 5 September 2013

Barrafina Tapas Bar

Boyfriend and I headed to Barrafina last Friday after work. We had a Groupon to use, was pretty good value. Eight course tapas degustation for two for $49.

For the $49 we got to share:
Chorizo Pamplona
Jamon serrano and manchego croquetas served with Salsa Tomate
Soft shell crab slider served with avocado creme and harissa mayo
Pintxos, wagyu steak tartar, micro herbs
Chili coated buttermilk chicken with harissa mayo and lemon
Yamba prawns with artichoke and jamon puree amd micro herbs
Veal and ricotta meatballs
Roasted mushrooms with garlic cream, eschallots and migas

Choriza Pamplona
This was pretty simple, some sliced chorizo on a plate with little pickles. As go the words of the Little Rascals, 'I loooove pickles' and chorizo, so it was a win for me. 

Jamon serrano and manchego croquetas served with Salsa Tomate
One each of these - really nice and soft. Not overly flavorsome but had a nice texture and enjoyable.

Soft shell crab slider served with avocado creme and harissa mayo
 Soft shell crab? Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! These were delicious and a good size too! Bun nice and soft and crab just as it should be, yummm! We had one each of these. 

Pintxos, wagyu steak tartar, micro herbs
I'm not tartar's biggest fan but Boyfriend loves it. Saying that though, I did enjoy it but I only ate half and that was enough to fill my tartar quota for the night. Boyfriend happily finished mine off. We had one each of these.

Chili coated buttermilk chicken with harissa mayo and lemon

Yum! This came as a plate of  6 or 7? These were a good little size each, cooked perfectly. Nice and tender. The mayo that it came with was a little bland for me, a squirt of lemon was enough for these scrumptious little things. 

Yamba prawns with artichoke and jamon puree amd micro herbs
 We had two of these each. They were flavoured nicely but perhaps a little bit overcooked. That didnt take away from the taste though, still really nice. 

Veal and ricotta meatballs
By this time, I was SO full! The sauce of the meatballs also had potatos in it (can't have tapas without some patatas bravas!).  Sauce was rich with tomatoey goodness. Mmmm! The meatballs weren't small at all, and I think I got through one before I had to throw in the towel.

Roasted mushrooms with garlic cream, eschallots and migas
These were yummy! Such a good accompaniment to have on the side. Creamy and cooked perfectly. 

I think this place would be perfect for after work drinks if you work in the area. The bar was absolutely packed when I was there but the dining area had plenty of seats free if you're looking to eat there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment